Drink Driving High Readings cases and the penalties

The offence of being charged with drink driving following a high reading at the point of your breath test, blood sample or urine sample - can carry a heavy penalty In addition to receiving a lengthy ban, if convicted offenders are also at risk of a possible custodial sentence. A high reading constitutes; a breath reading of 120µg or above, a blood reading of 276mg or above or a urine sample of 367mg or more.

The Magistrates’ Court Sentencing Guidelines suggest that the starting point for the penalty to be imposed in cases where the reading is at this level is a custodial sentence of 12 weeks’ imprisonment.

At Brian Koffman & Co. we fully understand the importance of leaving nothing to chance when there is even the slightest possibility of receiving a custodial sentence for a drink driving offence.

Why choose Brian Koffman & Co.

As acclaimed drink driving solicitors with considerable experience of defending drivers charged with drink driving with high readings, we can provide invaluable assistance in putting your case forward. Through exploring every avenue when it comes to gathering evidence to support your mitigation, we can offer you the best possible chance of receiving a lenient penalty. From obtaining medical evidence and fully advising you on our strategy and what to expect in court, we will support you every step of the way.

As you would expect, this process can be time consuming which is why we highly recommend that you contact us in the first instance. Purely because you have been charged with giving a high reading, pleading guilty is not your only option. You may also wish to consider possible drink driving defences before you make a decision on what to do next. Through contacting us without any obligation, we will talk you through your options and advise you on the best course of action.

Contact us today

If you have been charged with drink driving with a high reading and are unsure what to do next, Please contact Brian Koffman & Co on 0161 832 3852 or submit an enquiry.