'Reasons Not to Endorse' Experts
Call 0161 832 3852 today
SPECIAL REASONS NOT TO ENDORSE YOUR DRIVING LICENCE
Although there isn’t a definitive list of reasons why a licence shouldn’t be endorsed, and it is up to the court to decide whether the reasons given are sufficient, here are some examples. We must point out however that ‘reasons not to endorse’ are not a defence and will only apply in cases where the motorist has been found guilty of the offence.
The most common special reasons are:
- Spiked drinks / Food spiked with drugs
- Driving in an emergency
- Being misled that you were insured.
- Driving a very short distance, eg-moving your vehicle when blocking someone in whilst over the limit
- They must not amount to a defence in law
- They must be valid reasons that the Court should take into account when deciding what sentence to pass, they cannot be irrelevancies
- They cannot relate to the offender, they must relate directly to the commission of the offence in question
- The reason must be something that lessens the severity of the offence, a mitigating circumstance
A special reason means that although you are still guilty of the offence in question there are ‘special reasons’ why you should not receive the normal punishment. If the Court accepts a Special Reasons argument it is able to impose no penalty points at all in cases where the punishment would normally involve points going on one’s licence and in cases of driving disqualification impose penalty points instead of an outright ban.
HOW WE CAN HELP
If you are issued with a fixed penalty notice for a motoring offence that you do not accept you have committed or believe that there are circumstances in connection with the offence that should be considered, you should seek professional legal advice.
Brian Koffman & Co are specialist motoring offence solicitors and have years of experience in handling cases like these. Our knowledge and expertise will ensure we reach the best possible outcome for you.
CONTACT US TODAY
If you have been charged with a motoring offence you will need the knowledge, expertise and support of a solicitor who understands, we can help. Motoring Offence Solicitors offer the very best privately funded legal representation to clients accused of driving offences in Manchester and across the UK.
Call our team today on 0161 832 3852 or complete the enquiry form below.
WE FIND SOLUTIONS TO THE MOST CHALLENGING CASES
Find Out How We Can help You
They helped me expertly when I really needed it. Diligent, professional, highly knowledgeable and considering what I was facing, absolutely amazing value.
Thank you Brian and team.