Licensing Investigations and Panel Hearings Solicitors

All taxi drivers, private hire and black cab must be licensed by the local council. Before they issue a taxi licence the council need to be satisfied that the applicant is fit and proper to transport fare paying passengers.

If during a licence application, a renewal or during the term of a licence a local authority is made aware of circumstances which cause them concern they may carry out an investigation into any taxi offences they believe may have been committed. Illegally plying for hire, receiving points on their licence, violence and dishonesty are examples of why a council would investigate.

Following an investigation, you could face disciplinary action or your suitability to hold a taxi licence could be determined by a panel hearing. If a panel hearing is to take place they should notify you of the date, time and place of the hearing.

At your taxi panel hearing, the committee has guidance they must consider when considering the case brought before them. They have the power to suspend or revoke taxi licences if they see fit to.

How we can help

Brian Koffman & Co are specialist motoring offence solicitors with a very high success rate in taxi licensing investigations and panel hearings.  We fully understand the implications losing your licence can have on both your livelihood and family which is why we do everything within our power to ensure this does not happen. We have years of experience in handling cases like these and our knowledge and expertise will ensure we reach the best possible outcome for you.

Contact us today

If you face a licensing investigation or panel hearing you will need the knowledge, expertise and support of a solicitor who understands the law fully. We can help.

Please contact Motoring Offence Solicitors. We offer the very best privately funded legal representation to Taxi Drivers & commercial drivers accused of driving offences in Manchester and across the UK.  Call our team today on 0161 832 3852 or complete the enquiry form on the right-hand side of this page.